We’re so glad you’re going to join us at Django in June 2022! Please take a minute to read through your registration options here, then use the form at the bottom of the page to give us the information we need to get you properly registered.
The Basic Django Camp Options
Your DiJ registration starts with tuition, the only mandatory item on the menu. On-campus housing and meals are recommended, but optional. Here are the costs and a bit of description:
- Tuition – Our Early Bird registration period this year ran through March 24th. During that time period, tuition was $565. Registration is now $625.
- Housing – $235 for 5 nights (Tuesday-Saturday) in a private room in the dorms. Bathrooms are shared. You can stay elsewhere, but the dorms are where the action is all day and well into the night.
- Meals – $225 for meals on campus starting Wednesday morning, ending with breakfast on Sunday. A great way to stay both fed and well connected with campers and our guest artists.
Early Arrival and Special Tuesday Offerings
If you would like to arrive on Monday or early Tuesday, you’ll want to consider adding additional workshops as well as housing and meals to the “basics” listed above.
Tuesday Special Workshops
These pre-camp workshops are a great way to get the most out of Django in June. You can follow this link for all the details. Here we’ll just list the Tuesday workshop options you’ll see on the registration form.
- Meet, Greet and Play All Day – various instructors
- (Re-)Introduction to Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Denis Chang
- Jazz Violin with Aaron Weinstein – Aaron Weinstein
- Choro for Gypsy Jazzers – Olli Soikkeli, Cesar Garabini and others
- A Day with Oscar Aleman – Greg Ruby
Early Arrival Housing and Food
Early-arrivers may also need a room for Monday night or meals on Tuesday:
- Monday night housing – $50 for an additional night in the dorms.
- Tuesday meals – $50 for three meals on Tuesday. The standard meal plan starts Wednesday morning.
Friday and Saturday Night Concerts
- Concert Tickets – $30 per concert if purchased in advance. This is not part of your Django Camp registration; ticket sales are handled by the venue, the Academy of Music . Registered Django Campers will have access to concert tickets before the general public, guaranteeing you the best seats in the house. We’ll provide that early access to registered participants once arrangements with the Academy of Music have been finalized, generally a couple months before the concerts.
Half Camp registration is an option we have always been able to offer a limited number of participants, but we give first priority to those who want to be here for the entire event. For more information on the half-camp option, please follow this link.
Your Payment Options
With respect to paying for whatever you’ve selected from the options above, you have two further choices to make: when to pay and how to pay.
When do you want to pay?
- Full registration – If you would like to register in full now and be done with it, that’s a swell option. We’ll send you an invoice. You pay it in full. Done. (See our cancellation policy below.)
- Pre-registration – Since we are now past the Early Bird registration period, this option is no longer available. We leave this visible so, for future reference, you know some of the advantages of early registration.
Until March 24th you have the option of holding your spot by paying a $200 pre-registration fee and paying the remaining balance any time before May 1st. Pre-registration during the Early Bird registration period – again, through March 24th – does guarantee you all the benefits of early registration, which include a discount on tuition and access to concert tickets before they go on sale to the general public.
How would you like to pay?
- Pay online –Based on the selections you make on the registration form, we’ll send you a PayPal invoice, which you can pay using either your PayPal balance or a credit card. Please note that PayPal does charge for their service and we pass their fees (about 3%) along to you, so the cost will be slightly higher than the prices we’ve quoted above.
- Pay by check – You may also send us a check to either pre-register or register in full. We’ll include our mailing address on the invoice we send.
- Pay in cash –If paying in cash for all or part of your registration works best for you, check that box on the registration form and we’ll be in touch.
Our Cancellation Policy
First off, let’s put this piece plainly: If we have to cancel Django in June, anything you have paid will be refunded in full.
If the event is going on but you, for whatever reason, need to cancel your registration, here are our policies for this year:
- If you opt to pre-register by making a $200 deposit, that deposit is non-refundable.
- If you opt to register in full, all but $200 of that registration payment is refundable through April.
- During the month of May, 50% of your full registration payment is refundable
- After June 1st, no refunds can be guaranteed.
Ready, Set, Register!
Now, on to the registration form itself. If you encounter any problems or have questions, we’re here to help. You can reach Andrew and Carolyn at email@example.com.