We’re so glad you’re going to join us at Django in June 2020! Please take a minute to read through your registration options here, then use the form at the bottom of the page to give us the information we need to get you properly registered.
The Basic Django Camp Options
Your DiJ registration starts with tuition, the only mandatory item on the menu. On-campus housing and meals are recommended, but optional. Here are the costs and a bit of description:
- Tuition – $620
- Housing – $230 for 5 nights (Tuesday-Saturday) in a private room in the dorms. Bathrooms are shared. You can stay elsewhere, but the dorms are where the action is all day and well into the night.
- Meals – $225 for meals on campus starting Wednesday morning, ending with breakfast on Sunday. A great way to stay both fed and well connected with campers and our guest artists.
Early Arrival and Special Tuesday Offerings
If you would like to arrive on Monday or early Tuesday, you’ll want to consider adding additional workshops as well as housing and meals to the “basics” listed above.
Tuesday Special Workshop Offerings are a great way to get the most out of Django in June. Please follow that hyperlink for all the details. Here we’ll just list your Tuesday workshop options:
- Meet Greet and Play All Day – various instructors
- (Re-)Introduction to Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Denis Chang
- Early Jazz Guitar — Matt Munisteri
- Choro for Gypsy Jazzers – Olli Soikkeli and Cesar Garabini
- A Day with Oscar Alemán — Greg Ruby
Early arrivers may also need a room for Monday night or meals on Tuesday:
- Monday night housing – $50 for an additional night in the dorms.
- Tuesday meals – $50 for three meals on Tuesday. The standard meal plan starts Wednesday morning.
Friday and Saturday Night Concerts
- Concert Tickets – $30 per concert if purchased in advance. This is not part of your Django Camp registration. This year our concerts will be at a new venue—Sweeney Concert Hall on the Smith Campus—and we still need to finalize arrangements for ticket sales with them. So we’ll provide those details to registered participants months in advance.
Half Camp registration is an option we have always been able to offer a limited number of participants, but we give first priority to those who want to be here for the entire event. For more information on the half-camp option, please follow this hyperlink.
Your Payment Options
With respect to paying for whatever you’ve selected from the options above, you have two further choices to make: when to pay and how to pay.
When do you want to pay?
- Full registration – If you would like to register in full now and be done with it, that’s a swell option. We’ll send you an invoice. You pay it in full. Done. (See our cancellation policy below.)
- Pre-registration – Until April 1st you also have the option of holding your spot by paying a $200 pre-registration fee and paying the remaining balance any time before May 1st. Pre-registration during the Early Bird registration period – that is, through February – does guarantee you all the benefits of early registration, which include a $60 discount on tuition and access to concert tickets before they go on sale to the general public.
How Would You Like To Pay?
- Pay online – Based on the selections you make on the registration form, we’ll send you a PayPal invoice, which you can pay using either your PayPal balance or a credit card. Please note that PayPal does charge for their service and we pass their fees (about 3%) along to you, so the cost will be slightly higher than the prices we’ve quoted above.
- Pay by check – You may also send us a check to either pre-register or register in full. We’ll include our mailing address on the invoice we send.
- Pay in cash – If paying in cash for all or part of your registration works best for you, check that box on the registration form and we’ll be in touch.
Our Cancellation Policy
Whichever of the above options you choose, our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Through February there is no cancellation fee. Early Bird registration is risk free.
- For cancellations during March and April, there is a $200 cancellation charge. The remainder of any other payments will be refunded.
- For cancellations during May, 50% of your tuition and other payments are guaranteed to be be refunded.
- After June 1st, no refunds can be guaranteed.
Ready, set, register!
Now, on to the registration form itself. If you encounter any problems or have questions, we’re here to help. You can reach Andrew and Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can reach Andrew by phone at (413) 320-8154.