There is a form further down the page that we’ll ask you to use to provide us with all the information we’ll need to get you properly registered. But before that, please take a minute to read through your registration options here. Even experienced Django in Djuners will find some new and delectable items on the menu in 2018, and a slightly different process for registration.
The Basic Django Camp Options
Your DiJ registration starts with tuition, the only mandatory item on the menu. On-campus housing and meals are optional, but recommended. Here are the costs and a bit of description:
- Tuition – $550 at the “Early Bird” rate, good through February. That goes up to $600 on March 1st.
- Housing – $225 for 5 nights (Tuesday – Saturday) for a private room in the dorms. Bathrooms are shared. You can stay elsewhere—but the dorms are where the action is all day and well into the night.
- Meals – $220 for meals on campus starting Wednesday morning, ending with breakfast on Sunday. A great way to stay both fed and well-connected with campers and staff.
Early Arrival and Special Tuesday Offerings
If you would like to arrive on Monday or early Tuesday you’ll want to consider these additional options that are not covered by the “basics” above:
- Special Tuesday Workshop Offerings – For the first time, we are offering pre-camp workshops on Tuesday to help you get ready. The cost of either of these is $90 for the day:
- Meet, Greet and Play All Day (for all instruments)
- Guitar with Christiaan van Hemert
- Monday night housing – $50 for an additional night in the dorms. Early arrivals are not obliged to attend—nor are they automatically registered for—the Tuesday workshops.
- Tuesday meals – $50 for an additional day of meals on campus for anyone arriving Monday.
And Don’t Forget the Concerts…
- Concert Tickets – $30 per concert if purchased in advance. Technically this is not part of your registration with us because ticket sales are handled entirely through the venue, the Academy of Music. However, reserved seating tickets will be made available to Early Bird Django Camp registrants before they are made available to the general public, guaranteeing the best seats in the house. We’ll let early bird registrants know how this special access works upon receipt of your registration.
Registering to attend for either the first or second half of camp may, or may not, become an option at a later date. (We give first priority to those who want to be here the whole time.) For more information on the half-camp option, please follow this hyperlink.
Your Payment Options
With respect to paying for whatever you’ve selected from the options above, you have two further choices to make: when to pay, and how to pay.
When do you want to pay?
- Full registration – If you would like to register in full now and be done with it, that’s a swell option. We’ll send you an invoice. You pay it in full. Done. (See our cancellation policy below.)
- Pre-registration – Until April 1st you also have the option of holding your spot by paying a $200 pre-registration fee and paying the remaining balance any time before May 1st.
Please note that pre-registration during the Early Bird registration period—that is, through February—does guarantee you all the benefits of early registration, which include a $50 discount on tuition and access to reserved seating concert tickets before they go on sale to the general public.
How Would You Like To Pay?
- Pay online – Based on the selections you make on the registration form, we’ll send you a PayPal invoice, which you can pay using either your PayPal balance or a credit card. Please note that PayPal does charge for their service and we pass their fees (of about 2.5%) along to you, so the cost will be slightly higher than the prices we’ve quoted above.
- Pay by check – You can also send us a check to either pre-register or register in full. We’ll include our mailing address with the invoice we send, again, based on the choices you’ve made.
- Pay in cash – If paying in cash for all or part of your registration works best for you, that’s another option we’ll offer on the registration form. Check that box and we’ll be in touch.
Our Cancellation Policy
Whichever of the above options you choose, our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Through February there is no cancellation fee. Early Bird registration is risk free.
- For cancellations during March and April, there is a $200 cancellation charge. The remainder of any other payments will be refunded.
- For cancellations during May, 50% of your tuition and other payments are guaranteed to be be refunded.
- After June 1st, no refunds can be guaranteed.
Ready, set, register!
Now, on to the registration form itself. If you encounter any problems or have questions, we’re here to help. You can reach Andrew and Carolyn at email@example.com . I (Andrew) am out of the country until January 20th, but after January 22nd you can reach me by phone at (413) 320-8154.