Update as of Late May:
Greetings! Due to high interest this year (yay!) Django Camp registration is now closed for guitarists, violinists and reed/wind players. If you play one of those instruments and would like to attend you are welcome to fill out the registration form at the bottom of the page, but please understand that we’ll put you on a waiting list in case we get a cancellation.
We may still have room for players of other instruments: bass, accordion and mandolin. Please be aware, however, that our housing and meals arrangements with Smith College have been finalized so you will need to arrange for both on your own. If that’s not a problem, you too are welcome to fill out the registration form below.
Before filling out that form, please take a minute to read through your registration options below. Even experienced Django in Djuners will find some new and delectable items on the menu in 2018, and a slightly different process for registration.
The Basic Django Camp Options
Your DiJ registration starts with tuition, the only mandatory item on the menu. On-campus housing and meals are optional, but recommended. Here are the costs and a bit of description:
- Tuition – $600. Please note: this fee pays for all the expenses of putting on Django in June—artists, staff, Smith facilities, insurance, etc. It’s what makes it possible for us to create the whole “scene”, which you are then welcome to enjoy any way you wish. So the tuition fee applies to everyone attending Django in June, (including spouses, kids, and folks who want to come “just jam”) regardless of whether you plan to attend classes or not.
- Housing – $225 for 5 nights (Tuesday – Saturday) No longer available.
- Meals – $220 for meals on campus starting Wednesday morning, ending with breakfast on Sunday. No longer available.
Early Arrival and Special Tuesday Offerings
If you would like to arrive on Monday or early Tuesday you’ll want to consider these additional options that are not covered by the “basics” above:
- Special Tuesday Workshop Offerings – For the first time, we are offering pre-camp workshops on Tuesday to help you get ready. The cost of each of these daylong workshops is $90:
- Meet, Greet and Play All Day (for all instruments)
- Guitar with Christiaan van Hemert (Registration is closed for this offering.)
- Violin with Tcha Limberger (Registration is closed for this offering.)
- Monday night housing – $50 for an additional night in the dorms. No longer available.
- Tuesday meals – $50 for an additional day of meals. No longer available.
And Don’t Forget the Concerts…
- Concert Tickets – $30 per concert if purchased in advance. Technically this is not part of your registration with us because ticket sales are handled entirely through the venue, the Academy of Music. Early Bird Django Camp registrants (that is, those who registered before March 1st) will have first access to concert ticket purchases, after which tickets will go on sale to later registrants and the general public. We will alert all registrants when those tickets are available for purchase.
Your Payment Options
With respect to paying for whatever you’ve selected from the options above, you have two further choices to make: when to pay, and how to pay.
When do you want to pay?
- Full registration – If you would like to register in full now and be done with it, that’s a swell option. We’ll send you an invoice. You pay it in full. Done. (See our cancellation policy below.)
- Pre-registration – Until April 1st you also have the option of holding your spot by paying a $200 pre-registration fee and paying the remaining balance any time before May 1st. (At this late date, this option is no longer available.)
How Would You Like To Pay?
- Pay online – Based on the selections you make on the registration form, we’ll send you a PayPal invoice, which you can pay using either your PayPal balance or a credit card. Please note that PayPal does charge for their service and we pass their fees (of about 2.5%) along to you, so the cost will be slightly higher than the prices we’ve quoted above.
- Pay by check – You can also send us a check to either pre-register or register in full. We’ll include our mailing address with the invoice we send, again, based on the choices you’ve made.
- Pay in cash – If paying in cash for all or part of your registration works best for you, that’s another option we’ll offer on the registration form. Check that box and we’ll be in touch.
Our Cancellation Policy
Whichever of the above options you choose, our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Through February there is no cancellation fee. Early Bird registration is risk free.
- For cancellations during March and April, there is a $200 cancellation charge. The remainder of any other payments will be refunded.
- For cancellations during May, 50% of your tuition and other payments are guaranteed to be be refunded.
- After June 1st, no refunds can be guaranteed.
Ready, set, register!
Now, on to the registration form itself. If you encounter any problems or have questions, we’re here to help. You can reach Andrew and Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org . I (Andrew) can be reached by phone at (413) 320-8154.