Half Camp registration for Django in June
photo: Jeffrey MacMillan
We understand that not everyone can get away for the entirety of Django Camp, so in the past we have always been able to offer the option of partial attendance to as many people as we can. We hope to be able to do so again in 2018, but please understand two things:
- We give first priority to those who want to be here for the whole time, so the earliest you can expect the half-camp option to become available would be mid-April.
- Full-camp registration has been very strong in 2018. (At the end of February, we already have as many registrants as we did at the end of April in 2017.) So let this be an extra alert regarding the likely availability of the half-camp option this year. We’ll see!
Please understand that we can’t be infinitely flexible and offer customized registration options to fit every schedule. But we may be able meet you (literally) halfway by offering either of these options:
- First Half Attendance: arrive Tuesday (or even Monday if you wish) and depart Friday morning.
- Second Half Attendance: arrive after 5 on Thursday evening and stay through Sunday morning.
Either of these options includes an evening of jamming followed by two full days of Django Camp, which amounts to roughly half of the event. The biggest difference between the two halves is what you can expect in the evening. Monday through Thursday our evenings are devoted primarily to jamming and socializing. On Friday and Saturday, however, the early part of the evening is devoted to concerts featuring our guest artists.
The cost you see below are based on 2017 and are included here as estimates of what you can expect in 2018 should we offer the half-camp option. Of the items below, the only one which is not optional is the tuition, which pays primarily for the artists on our staff:
- Tuition: $325
- Housing: $50 per night. (Standard package includes 3 nights.)
- Meals: $50 per full day of meals. (Standard package includes 2 days of meals.)
These Variations Will Work (just ask):
- If you want housing, but only for 2 nights, that’s fine. (We’ll reimburse you for the extra night included in the standard package.)
- If you want to attend another full day of Camp, you can do so for an additional cost of $150.
- An additional full day of meals is $50
- An additional night of housing is $50
These Variations Won’t Work (please don’t ask):
- Paying for less than 2 full days of Camp. Your arrival time is flexible, but the cost of tuition is fixed.
- Purchase of partial days of meals. (Very expensive and complicated. We suggest you eat in town for that.)
Ready to Register?
Sorry, but that is not yet an option. If you’d like to be alerted if and when registration for half of Django Camp comes available, just jot Carolyn a note letting her know at email@example.com.