(Please Note: The information you see here and on most pages throughout the website is for Django in June 2018. We’ve left it here so people can see how we have done things in the past. The website will be fully updated for 2019 by the first week of January.)
Greetings…This is being written on May 29, just two weeks before Django in June 2017 begins. Please note the following in italics:
You are still welcome to register for Django Camp and we’d love to have you, but we are now in our Late Registration period. That means the following:
- At the bottom of this page (under “Ready, Set, Register!”) you will see links to two registration forms—one for the full camp and one for half-camp attendance. We ask you to use the appropriate form to give us the information we need to get you registered. We will then email you to confirm the information and make arrangements for payment.
- Sorry, but you can no longer register for the meal plan. (Even if you see it as an option somewhere.)
- You may still be able to get housing on campus. Feel free to request housing on the forms we’ll link you to below and we’ll let you know if Smith can still accommodate you..
That’s it for the Late Registration preliminaries. Now, on with essential registration info…
When registering for Django in June you have two main choices to make:
- What are you registering for? (Just tuition? Do you also want housing? Etc.)
- How do you want to pay? (Online payment? Check? Cash?)
Each of these sets of options is outlined below. At the bottom of the page you can see the various costs and get yourself registered.
1. What are you registering for?
You have a number of options that will determine the exact cost of Django Camp for you. The only non-optional item on the list below is the Camp tuition:
- Tuition: Your tuition pays to have our staff of artists on site and available to you for classes, jams, discussions, etc. It also helps us cover our other expenses for administration, promotion, insurance and the like.
- Meals: Sorry, but at this late date you can no longer register for the meal plan.
- Housing: This covers 5 nights—Tuesday through Saturday—in a private room in one of our dorms. (For full camp registrants.)
- Monday night housing: In addition to the standard housing plan (above), you may opt for Monday night in the dorms as well. This is considered “early arrival.” It’s an opportunity to get settled, relax and enjoy some djamming before things get busy. Most of our staff arrives then, and maybe a third of our campers. Monday night housing is offered as an optional addition to any of the packages you’ll see in the table at the bottom of the page, so just select the package that works for you first and you’ll be given the opportunity to add Monday housing as you complete the registration process.
- Concert tickets: As of 2016, concert tickets are not included in Camp tuition and campers will not get tickets from us on campus. Instead, all ticket sales will be handled directly by The Academy of Music Theater. The big advantage of this is that it allows the Academy to offer you reserved seating, so no more waiting in long lines for a good seat. Another good reason to register early! The cost of tickets for Django Campers is $25 per show, plus fees.
- Partial attendance. If you can’t be here for the whole of Django Camp, but would like to come for either the first or second half of it, we make that option available to a limited number of people every year. You’ll find more details on the Half-Camp option here.
Whichever of these options you choose, our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Through March 14 there is no cancellation fee.
- For cancellations between March 15 and the last day of April there is a $200 cancellation charge. The remainder of any other payments will be refunded.
- For cancellations during May, 50% of your tuition and other payments are guaranteed to be be refunded.
- After June 1st, no refunds can be guaranteed.
2. How do you want to pay?
Again, you have a few options:
- Pay online. Once we’ve received your registration form, we’ll send you a PayPal invoice. You can pay that using either your PayPal balance or a credit card.
- Pay by check. Until June 5th you can mail a check to the camp Director, Andrew Lawrence. After that date, you can plan to pay by check on arrival at the event.
- Pay in cash. If paying in cash on arrival works best for you, we make arrangements for that.
Ready, set, register:
- To register for the whole of Django Camp, please CLICK HERE.
- To register for Half-Camp attendance, please CLICK HERE
Still have questions? We’re here to help. You can reach Andrew and Carolyn at firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew by phone at (413)320-8154.