During the 10-11:30 time period every day, Angelo Debarre will offer a Facilitated Jam for Level 3 guitarists. There will be too many guitarists working at that level for everyone to participate as a player, so active participation (as a player) at these jams will be oriented towards guitarists at the higher end of the Level 3 guitar-skill spectrum, as per the guidelines below. Others are welcome to observe. We ask you to sign up in advance to either play or observe so as to avoid overcrowding.
Guidelines for Level 3 facilitated jams with Angelo Debarre
We ask all prospective participants to respect the guidelines below and decide for yourself whether observing, playing, or skipping these jams altogether would work best for you and the group as a whole:
- Whether as an observer or player, your participation is limited to one such jam over the course of the week.
- Players should be ready to play any tune in Jack’s “24 Gypsy Jazz Standards” booklet largely without the use of written music. If you still have to read through more than one or two of those tunes, please observe rather than playing.
- Participating guitarists should be able to play both rhythm and lead. (Rhythm-only players will have several opportunities to work with Angelo‘s son, Raangy.)
- For a guideline as to the faster tempos one should be able to manage, try playing along with Gonzalo’s rhythm track for “What Is This Thing Called Love?” Here’s a link to that:
- If too many people sign up, we may ask participants to split their time between active participation and observing.
If you’d like to participate as either a player or observer at one of these facilitated jams with Angelo, please sign up in advance. You’ll find the sign up sheet here: